Join the popular Autodesk University instructor Marcello Sgambelluri as he explores creating structural roof beam families with Rhino.Inside.
Posted on 17 October 2019 | 10:03 am
Come join the MacroCad Open House (Authorized Rhino Reseller and Trainer) in Amsterdam on November 5, and learn more about Rhino WIP, Sub-D Modeling and Rhino.Inside Revit!
Posted on 17 October 2019 | 7:36 am
Some of the new and improved features in V-Ray Next for Rhino are:
- Updated materials workflow — Now, you can create V-Ray materials and assign them to layers directly in Rhino’s Materials panel. You can also apply materials with a simple drag and drop directly onto scene objects or layers.
- Faster interactive rendering — The latest update features more responsive CPU interactive rendering when editing the scene camera, lighting and materials.
- Cryptomatte render element support — Makes it easier to select objects for post-production.
- Temperature color picker — The V-Ray color picker also introduces a Kelvin temperature slider, which automatically provides a corresponding RGB color.
- New in Grasshopper — Even more advanced animation setups with the new advanced value remapping utility component that exposes a bezier curve editor. In addition, you can now load V-Ray library materials in the definition, render using orthographic cameras, or export V-Ray proxy mesh and animated scene files.
Posted on 17 October 2019 | 6:42 am
icreatia, Authorized Rhino Trainer, has organized an Introductory Grasshopper workshop on Nov 18-19, 2019.
Come join it and learn visual programming and computational design!
Posted on 17 October 2019 | 6:37 am
Posted on 16 October 2019 | 9:35 am
The recent adaptation of industrial robots to architectural production has given rise to a new language of design numerically informed through computation. In a world where nearly everything built around us can be 3D printed, using digital and robotic fabrication equipment can investigate possibilities for expanding the geometric vocabulary, functional integration and smart assembly logic. All in a way that develops new design methodologies that profit from those new technologies.
Posted on 16 October 2019 | 7:00 am
A new release of Nemo, Grasshopper plug-in for ship design, is shipping!
Nemo is divided into two major parts :
- Nemo Analysis, for automatic analysis of ship geometry (licensed)
- Nemo Designer, which includes several design tools (free)
Interoperability is allowed with external software like NavCad (HydroComp), Mars 2000 (Bureau Veritas) or Excel (Microsoft).
Nemo Designer includes specific tools to create NACA sections and appendages such as hydrofoils, keels (with or without bulb), or even blade propellers.
Posted on 16 October 2019 | 5:39 am
Posted on 15 October 2019 | 7:54 am
EU CodeWeek 2019 is here, and on October 17 re:arch is conducting an open day for an introduction to programming using the Python language in Rhino in Thessaloniki, Greece.
Seating is limited so, reserve your spot now by emailing email@example.com or calling them at +30 6973284030.
Also, in preparation for the Grasshopper Workshop taking place on October 31-November 1-November 2 in Thessaloniki, re:arch is also presenting four special computational design open days on Thursdays this month.
The four open days are a multifaceted introduction based on simple examples without the need for prior knowledge. The goal is to create a strong understanding of using 3D digital design tools with any type of geometry and on any platform.
Posted on 15 October 2019 | 6:00 am
Posted on 15 October 2019 | 5:30 am
Time: 12 PM-1 PM
Place: Tv. 78 #65 - 46, Medellín - Colegio Mayor de Antioquia - Medellín, Colombia
For more information, please contact Luis Henao.
Posted on 14 October 2019 | 5:59 pm
The workshop is for design enthusiasts who want to dive into parametric generation and fabrication fast using Grasshopper and Rhinoceros.
The aim is to present form generation and fabrication techniques assisted by algorithms. The workshop will introduce an entire flow, from start to finish, in generating and producing a complex architectural shape. Final physical prototyping will be achieved using a CNC laser machine.
Number of participants: 10-15
- Andrei Nejur, architect with 14 years of experience in architecture and education. Researcher and expert in computational and generative design. Author of the Ivy for Grasshopper plug-in.
- Adrian Bizau, architect and specialist in computational design.
Posted on 9 October 2019 | 3:02 pm
As an ARCHICAD user, you will learn how to connect Grasshopper in real-time with ARCHICAD. First, you will learn the technical steps of how the two software work together. You will get to know Grasshopper integrated into Rhinoceros 6.
Learn the power of parametric design in examples and challenges. In class, you will develop your own systems to optimize your work, make changes, variations, and convert the design into a full BIM model in real-time.
Through simple exercises at the end of the course, you will be able to understand, edit, and develop your first usable definitions.
Previous knowledge is not necessary. The course will be taught in English.
Posted on 8 October 2019 | 3:43 pm
Institute for Computational Design and Construction at the University of Stuttgart is accepting applications for a Research Associate: Doctoral or PostDoctoral Level (E13 TVL).
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Conducting research on agent-based methods for the fabrication-oriented design of adaptive modular concrete construction as part of the DFG-funded Priority Programme Adaptive Modular Construction Systems using Flow Production Methods – Rapid Precision Construction of Tomorrow (SPP 2187)
- Teaching master-level design studios and seminars on topics related to the research
- Participating in the further development of the institute’s laboratories
Posted on 8 October 2019 | 2:00 pm
We get a little thrilled when we see Rhino software in use. In this case, that little Rhino logo showed up in the video for Team New Zealand in their America's Cup preparations.
If you are curious about the hull design, here's a comparison of two different hull designs.
Posted on 7 October 2019 | 10:52 am
Join Dimension N and Centro and learn about the new tools and features of Rhino 6 for Mac and Windows. This talk will be presented by Javier M Gaxiola (@Jamagax), Rhino specialist and user for more than 15 years.
Now that Rhino 6 is available for both Mac and PC operating systems, Javier will be showing the new rendering and materials system, the new display engine, the new presentation tools, Grasshopper, new manufacturing applications, and our new project Rhino.Inside.
Place: Centro - Auditorium
Date: Thursday, October 10th
Time: 5 PM
Admission is free. Special pricing for new licenses and upgrades will be available to attendees.
Posted on 4 October 2019 | 11:40 am
Daylight is a vital element in architecture, responsible for health, well being, building performance, and finally, for appearance and atmosphere. With modern-day simulation tools, architects and engineers can apply science-based strategies into the design process.
The training goal is to introduce architects and engineers to the concepts of contemporary daylight techniques. The 2-day event spreads from Climate Based Daylight Modelling to Circadian Rhythm. The participants will learn how to simulate Daylight Autonomy, Glare, Daylight Factor, and other key concepts of the most popular sustainable certificates such as LEED, BREEAM, Living Building Challenge or WELL. The training also introduces the concept of design for Circadian Rhythm as a key aspect of healthy and productive buildings. During the training, participants will build parametric models and test the concepts in study cases.
The training is in English by Adrian Krężlik from Parametric Support.
Posted on 4 October 2019 | 7:12 am
A five-day intensive course for experienced designers on using 3D modeling software for building with bambooThis course offers a chance to explore the gap between computational design software and the realities of bamboo construction. Learn about bamboo and how architects should design for durability using software such as Rhinoceros and Grasshopper. Increasing the architectural toolset and applying this to underutilized locally available sustainable materials will hopefully be the first step to build capacity in the construction section and apply this knowledge to the needs of those who need resilient, sustainable, and adequate buildings.
Course lead: John Osmond Naylor
Design tutors: John Naylor and César Cheng
Dates: October 7–11, 2019 (5 days)
Capacity limited to 12 people.
More information here.
Posted on 3 October 2019 | 7:45 am
It's intensive instruction in creating accurate technical drawings using Rhino.
The chapters are step-by-step instructions that gradually build a knowledge base, as the following chapters become more advanced.
Posted on 2 October 2019 | 2:47 pm
In this online class, you will learn to create and edit models freely and accurately. The course covers most of the functionality of Rhino 6, including some advanced commands. You will also learn about the creation and editing of curves, surfaces, and solids.
This course will be taught in Spanish by instructor: Julian Oquendo
Additional course information here.
*Note: All times listed are Eastern (Miami) time zone. Calculate your time zone.
Ask questions and interact with the class and instructor in our live, online training. All sessions will be recorded and posted for you to study and review. If you cannot make a session, you will be able to catch up at your convenience.
The class will be in Spanish using GoToTraining software.
Posted on 2 October 2019 | 10:31 am
TOM is a global movement of communities that connects designers, developers, and engineers with people with disabilities to develop technological solutions for the straits of daily life. The designs created become free and public domain, and anyone can adapt it to their needs.
Time: All day (72-hour event)
Posted on 30 September 2019 | 10:30 am
NABA, Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti
Via C. Darwin 20, Milano, Italy
12 October 2019
Posted on 30 September 2019 | 1:42 am
- Wednesday, October 16 from 6 PM–10 PM: Pre-event: VR/AR Tech Immersion Night.
- Thursday, October 17: Masterclasses.
- Friday, October 18: Symposium featuring a full-day of presentations and discussions from highly-acclaimed professionals within the industry.
- Saturday, October 19 and Sunday, October 20: Hackathon.
- compute.rhino3D with Will Pearson and Steve Baer, Robert McNeel & Associates
- Rhino.Inside with Luis Fraguada and Kike Garcia, Robert McNeel & Associates
Posted on 27 September 2019 | 9:08 am
- Significance of the biological evolutionary processes in nature.
- Translation of biological evolutionary processes within computation.
- Genetic Algorithms: case studies in design.
- Wallacei Settings: population, parameters, search space and dynamic charts.
- Wallacei Analytics: standard deviation, diamond chart, and fitness values.
- Wallacei Selection: parallel coordinate, selecting solutions, Pareto front and phenotypes.
- The Wallacei.X Component Output: genomes, phenotypes, and data.
Posted on 26 September 2019 | 6:10 am
November 28–29, 2019
McNeel Europe and architect Adrian Krężlik are presenting a two-day Daylight Performance and Optimization workshop at our Barcelona offices. Daylight is a vital element in architecture, responsible for health, well-being, building performance, and finally, for appearance and atmosphere. With modern-day simulation tools, architects and engineers can apply science-based strategies into the design process.
The goal of the training is to introduce architects and engineers into the concepts of contemporary daylight techniques using daylight modeling in Grasshopper, Honeybee, and Ladybug. Learn how to simulate Daylight Autonomy, Glare, Daylight Factor, and other key concepts of the most popular sustainable certificates such as LEED, BREEAM, or WELL. The training also introduces the concept of design for Circadian Rhythm as a key aspect of healthy and productive buildings. During the training, participants will build parametric models and test the concepts on study cases.
- Introduction to daylight demands in European norms and most popular certificates: LEED, BREEAM, DGNB, Living Building Challenge and WELL
- Daylight Physics, Sun Position, Radiation Rose
- Exercise One: Sunlight hours on a facade. Introduction to daylight modeling in Grasshopper, Honeybee, and Ladybug
- Exercise Two: Designing to meet LEED v4.1 daylight requirements. Daylight Autonomy and Annual Sunlight Exposure
- Exercise Three: Single objective optimization to enhance daylight conditions
- Exercise Four: Designing to meet BREEAM daylight requirements. Daylight Factor
- Exercise Five: Daylight Glare Probability Simulation
- Introduction to single objective optimization based on Genetic and Particle Swarm
- Exercise Six: Building Position and Facade Optimization to enhance daylight performance
Posted on 26 September 2019 | 5:18 am