The HubLab 60A x 37D #355 Águilas de Chuburná
Junto al Conservatorio de Danza de Yucatán
Mérida, Yucatán | México
September 23 and 24, 2017
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
(plus free week hours to spend in the fab lab making the molds)
Posted on 22 September 2017 | 8:08 am
food4Rhino reached recently 2 million downloads!
We want to thank all the developers that contribute with their Rhino plug-ins, Grasshopper add-ons and scripts, and of course also to all food4Rhino members.
On our side, we continue improving the platform and as always your feedback is welcome!
Posted on 21 September 2017 | 11:06 am
icreatia has organized a Rhino and RhinoCAM 2017 free webinar (in Spanish), September 28 at 5pm.
Learn different strategies on how to mill your 3D models directly in Rhino!
Posted on 21 September 2017 | 9:33 am
It's time for the fourth annual Hum3D competition for the best car rendering!
It is the largest awards event for the car 3D modeling and visualization industry.
Everything is as usual: You have to create a car 3D model, put it into a 3D environment, and make a beautiful rendering. There are no limits for your creative ideas: you can choose any automobile you like whether it is racing or imaginary vehicle.
Posted on 21 September 2017 | 9:26 am
McNeel Europe and SimScale have joined forces to develop a free online workshop about the application of engineering simulation dedicated for Rhino users.
Participants will receive a hands-on, interactive introduction to the fundamentals of engineering simulation. Learn:
- How to combine Rhino with the free, cloud-based SimScale platform to improve the performance of your designs.
- How to prepare your Rhino model for simulation.
- How engineers and designers can speed up the development of products using simulation.
- How SimScale enables everyone with a web browser to run sophisticated simulations for free.
- Introduction to Fluid Flow Simulation, September 27, 6 PM CEST
- Introduction to Solid Mechanics Simulation, October 2, 6 PM CEST
Posted on 21 September 2017 | 9:19 am
RebusFarm aims to fulfill the growing need of rendering power in the field of 3D-animation. RebusFarm supports a wide range of 3D applications, including the host applications, as well as secondary rendering applications. Furthermore, RebusFarm's target is to offer the largest possible rendering capacity at the most affordable price, while maintaining service-oriented contact to the customer.
Recently RebusFarm released a plug-in for Rhino. Check the details here...
Posted on 21 September 2017 | 9:13 am
Award-winning Warka Water, by architect Arturo Vittori from Architecture and Vision, is now raising a new crowdfunding campaign to build a Warka Tower in Haiti.
Warka Tower is an environmentally, socially, and financially sustainable water source for rural populations who face challenges in accessing drinkable water. The tall structure is designed to harvest potable water from the atmosphere. It collects rain and also harvests fog and dew. The air always contains a certain amount of water, depending on the local atmospheric conditions—temperature and humidity—making it possible to get water from air almost anywhere in the world.
Warka Water was fully developed with Rhino and Grasshopper.
Posted on 21 September 2017 | 4:19 am
Amazon Go is looking for a Senior Store Prototyping Designer.
As a Store Prototyping Designer for Amazon Go, you devise brilliant methods of testing concepts through creative prototyping techniques. As part of this team, you develop mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate and test design concepts, interactions, and construction methods. You work in close collaboration with industrial designers, store experience designers, product managers, and cross-functional technology partners. You craft interactive physical design solutions that incorporate all the design details that matter most to Amazon Go customers, store associates, and technologists and produce them at the right fidelity. You build in new ideas, technologies, and ingenious ways for customers to interact with your prototypes. You’ll be hands-on at every step of the prototyping process, shepherding ideas from the design concept phase through mockups, piloting, production, delivery, and ongoing iteration.
- Take designs from concepts to technical modeling in the appropriate software, through to completed prototypes.
- Ensure that customer and store associate needs, along with design, construction, and technology requirements, are accounted for in your designs.
- Work with design, research, and testing teams to weave new insights from prototypes into final, production-ready designs.
- Lead and collaborate with prototype suppliers to achieve high standards for design integrity, engineering quality, and efficiency.
- Participate in cross-functional strategy, timing, and process decisions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Design, Technical Design, or a related advanced production design field with 5+ years of working experience.
- Design, technical knowledge, and working experience related to all phases of the development process including ideation, prototyping, testing, manufacturing, and assembly.
- High level of skill producing, interpreting, and working with technical drawings and operating industry-standard drafting and design tools.
- Experience working directly with suppliers in the development and prototyping of store designs or related physical customer experiential environments, as well as leading prototyping and fabrication vendors. Highly creative, self-motivated, and enjoy independently running multiple parallel-path projects.
Posted on 20 September 2017 | 11:13 am
Announcing: The HAL Robotics released their 1.0 beta version of the Core feature-set and the Grasshopper client application.
The Hall Robotics Framework provides powerful tools to model, program, simulate, and control industrial machinery directly from McNeel products.
Users that download the 1.0 beta will be able to test and break work-in-progress versions of:
- Accurate real-time simulation
- Trajectory diagnosis including detection of out-of-reach and singular positions
- Motions specified in Cartesian or joint spaces
- Simulation of blended motions
- Online preset catalogs accessible from within Grasshopper, of robots, tools and controllers ready to drop into your scripts
- Program translation to ABB RAPID, KUKA KRL, or Universal Robots URScript
- Lightweight installer which allows you to add, remove, and update extensions to the framework with ease
- Cloud-based licenses to share between your own computers or your whole organization
- User interface adapting to the level of control you need
Posted on 20 September 2017 | 5:47 am
The Master’s Degree in Advanced Infographics is a postgraduate professional program at the convergence of technology, architecture, art, and design presented by Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
Its academic structure offers advanced training in the technical skills to recast the boundaries of these disciplines while fostering critical thought in the context of design speculation.
This course is geared to qualified architects, engineers, artists, or designers who have completed their bachelor´s degree or equal level certificate. The program is in English.
If you are interested in applying to MIAU or to any of the separate modules, please send us a hey! to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application period for 2017-2018 is still open!
Posted on 20 September 2017 | 4:01 am
Please join Iván González and Jorge Victoria, designers at Wood Tech Company, who will share their experiences of digital manufacturing with wood products with the use of CAD and CAM software.
September 19, 2017
10 am - 12 pm
Auditorio Ignacio Vieira in UPB Colombia
What is a RhinoFabStudio? A RhinoFabStudio™ (fabrication studio) is a small-scale digital workshop, certified by McNeel, with an array of Rhino and Rhino compatible software and computer controlled tools and training. These tools cover the various leading-edge industrial methods and materials needed to design, analyze, and fabricate almost anything.
Posted on 18 September 2017 | 8:41 am
- Modeling Architecture elements like walls, doors, windows, roofs, mullions, decks, stairs.
- Adding Details and entourages like furniture, lights, curtains and organic shapes like pillows.
- Creating the reusable blocks/context.
- Parametrize your design with Grasshopper
- Rendering: Lighting, Materials Texture Mapping
- Rendering Engines: Rhino Render and Flamingo
- Landscape with Flamingo and Lands
- Integrating flexible BIM feature to Rhino with VisualARQ
- Creating Patterns with PanelingTools.
- Present your designs with screen capturing, rendering, and layouts
- Additional topics: Terrain with Lands, Rhino to Google Earth, Rhino to VR, Solar Analysis
- This workshop is for professionals working in architecture, digital fabrication, and other building related fields, as well as students in these fields.
- This workshop will build on your existing Rhino modeling experience, and apply it to generating architectural content.
- Rhinoceros Level 1 or equivalent. We will assume the student can efficiently navigate the Rhino application and model, create curves surface and solids. Edit curves, surface and solids.
- Having some familiarity with dimensions, text, and layouts will be beneficial.
Posted on 14 September 2017 | 11:31 am
Registration for DIVA Day 2017 is now open.
DIVA Day is an annual symposium on environmental analysis tools used in design practice, research, and architectural education. This year's symposium is hosted by the Center for the Built Environment at the University of California Berkeley.
The 2017 symposium is concentrating on the science, modeling, and design application of circadian/healthy lighting. They are introducing Solemma's new product, ALFA - Adaptive Lighting for Alertness, a new circadian lighting design software for architects and lighting professionals.
Some of the confirmed speakers for DIVA Day are:
- Steven Lockley, Harvard Medical School
- Susan Ubbelohde, UC Berkeley and Loisos + Ubbelohe
- Mehlika Inanici, University of Washington
- Dan Weissman, Lam Partners
- Nathaniel Jones, Arup
- Jon Sargent, Solemma
As in previous years, DIVA Day will hold a student competition. Show how you are using DIVA for Rhino and win a $1500 stipend for travel to DIVA Day. The deadline is October 6th.
Posted on 14 September 2017 | 10:32 am
|Creating Interfaces for Data Visualization with Human UI for Grasshopper|
|In this course, you´ll learn how to create interactive interfaces from your Grasshopper definitions with the Human UI plug-in, to allow you to display your information clearly and also enhance the participation of the design process with people that might not be familiar with parametric modeling techniques. Register here.|
Posted on 14 September 2017 | 9:38 am
New York City
Join leading developers at CORE studio at Thornton Tomasetti for the fifth annual AEC Technology Symposium and Hackathon. A great set of speakers is lined up for this year's Symposium Merging and Emerging: AEC Futures. This event has become one of the best places to talk to many of the leaders in emerging AEC technology.
Come meet Dale Fugier and Steve Baer from McNeel & Associates. Bring your development questions. Find out from the source about Rhino development platforms. Dale and Steve will be there to answer any questions about Rhino and Grasshopper development tools.
More information will be posted in the coming weeks regarding schedule, registration, and speakers. You can stay informed by following Core studio on Twitter, Instagram, and the web site.
Posted on 13 September 2017 | 2:33 pm
Posted on 12 September 2017 | 3:50 am
How do you approach algorithms for modeling? When Raymundo Burgueno sees people who use traditional software to make each component, he says "What you need is someone who is proficient in Rhino with Grasshopper."
Raymundo goes on to explain that if you have never programmed, learning to write algorithms in Grasshopper can be difficult. You have to approach modeling very differently than you do in traditional NURBS-based modeling workflows.
With Grasshopper the most powerful part of the work process is that once you have written the algorithm, you can customize it and instantly change the parameters in every step of the process. By controlling each data set you can make design changes based on other parameters, such as distance or space, in the design modeling process.
In the article in Formtrends Raymundo takes a quick look at this process.
Posted on 8 September 2017 | 2:31 pm
APX+ 201.7 Workshop
September 21-26, 2017
Expo Center Flora
APX+ workshop started in 2011 as the first event in Bulgaria for parametric design and advanced architectural modeling, as well as manufacturing in architecture.
APX+ 201.7 is the seventh edition, continuing the trend of the creation of practical knowledge to use the software Rhinoceros and Grasshopper. The basic seminar is two days, followed by two more days of advanced seminar learning how to model complex NURBS models. Students will create parametric definitions generating practical objects.
This intensive workshop covers most of the functionality of Rhinoceros and Grasshopper, and will expose some methods for working with plug-ins to both programs. Issues such as BIM modeling in Rhinoceros, visualization, import/export of a geometry, and real project tasks will be explained.
On the fifth and sixth days, APX+ continues with real workshop practice in which students explore digital production methods with computer-controlled machines and their relationship with digital modeling. The aim will be the creation of a real prototype at a real scale. There will then be one more day for the official opening to present the finished projects and for diploma ceremony.
MArch. Octavian Gheorghiu (Foster+Partners)
MArch. Emil Burulyanov (Decor Design)
MArch. Hristo Topchiev (Topchiev Architects)
MArch. Joana Topchieva (Topchiev Architects)
MArch. Ivan Palazov (Sofa Lab)
This workshop is organized by Varna Design Forum and financed and hosted by the Municipality of Burgas.
Posted on 5 September 2017 | 4:16 am
Last call: Rhino Workshop (Decoding Craftsmanship II) - September 21-22, Fartha, Riverstick Co. Cork (Ireland)
Decoding Craftsmanship II - Rhino Workshop
September 21-22, 2017
Joseph Walsh Studio
Fartha, Riverstick Co. Cork
There are still seats available for the upcoming Rhino Workshop at Joseph Walsh Studio as part of the Decoding Craftsmanship II event.
This two-day workshop, exclusively developed by Simply Rhino Limited UK for Decoding Craftsmanship II, is geared towards design and engineering professionals of all disciplines who have a basic understanding of Rhino but wish to improve their overall knowledge and become more confident and productive.
The course contains intermediate level material and begins with explaining NURBS topology in more detail before moving to practical examples demonstrating efficient modeling techniques, modeling strategy, and avoiding common modeling problems.
Posted on 1 September 2017 | 7:31 am
Facades+ returns to Los Angeles on October 19-20, 2017. The conference goal is to focus on the design and performance on the next generation of facades. Conference leaders will provide proven insights on how to make your ideas become reality.
Early-bird registration is now open! Register here.
Facades+ unites top professionals from the worlds of design, fabrication, and construction to consider how high-performance envelopes contribute to and are shaped by LA’s unique architectural landscape. Be inspired and learn how to innovate all steps of facade implementation—from systems and materials to designs and delivery strategies.
Watch the conference site for workshop details. Sessions will be offered in the morning and afternoon of Day 2.
Posted on 30 August 2017 | 3:05 pm
We'd like to welcome ZAA architects inc. as a new Certified RhinoFabStudio.
ZAA / DesignLab recently opened to the public allowing people from any skill level to experiment and play with 3D tools including a laser cut machine, 3D scanner, projector, and 3D printer. Most of the work in their DesignLab is created using Rhino software and Grasshopper. ZAA / DesignLab also has a Certified Rhino Trainer offering courses.
370 Guy street suite 216,
Montreal, QC, H3J 1S6, Canada.
Follow ZAA architects on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Posted on 30 August 2017 | 8:21 am
Level 1 Rhino 5 for Windows - Online Course
September 1-14, 2017
US$200 - Register here.
In this online class, you'll learn to create and edit accurate free-form 3D NURBS models. This fast-moving class covers most of Rhino's functionality, including the most advanced surfacing commands. Our detailed class outline is available here.
- Friday, September 1 - 9:00am-11:00am (Orientation)
- Tuesday-Thursday, September 5-7 - 9:00am-1:00pm
- Tuesday-Thursday, September 12-14 - 9:00am-1:00pm
All times listed are Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). Calculate your time zone.
Ask questions and interact with the class and instructor in our live, online training. All sessions will be recorded and posted for your study and review. If you cannot make a session, you will be able to catch up at your convenience.
The class will be in English using the GoToTraining software.
Notes (what you need for the class):
- Rhino 5 for Windows software installed. Rhino for Mac is not acceptable software for this class.
- A stable and fast Internet connection.
- A headset/microphone combo.
- A hard copy of the Rhino Level 1 Training Manual, which you may download here.
Posted on 28 August 2017 | 1:45 pm
In this workshop, you'll learn to create and edit accurate free-form 3-D NURBS models. This fast-moving class covers most of Rhino's functionality, including the most advanced surfacing commands. Also, you'll learn concepts and features of Grasshopper at an accelerated pace in an instructor-led hands-on instruction environment. It will give students a functional understanding of Grasshopper and Parametric design. This will allow them to build on this understanding into more advanced projects of their own!
An Open House, 'Rhino Launch Event - Panamá 2017', follows the workshop. The open house, available to the public, is where you will learn from certified professionals the most innovative technologies in 3D modeling, data-driven design, and much more.
Altos del Chase N° 46F, Ave. de la Amistad
El Dorado, Panama City, Panamá.
Open House Location:
56 and 57 Street.
Obarrio, Ciudad de Panamá, Panamá.
Workshop: September 25th (Monday) - 28th (Thursday)
Open House: Friday, September 29th, 2017
Workshop: From 8am-5pm
Open House: From 8am-12pm
Open House: Free Pass
Posted on 28 August 2017 | 7:08 am
At the moment, the only supported export format is for Steel, which is Bureau Veritas' (Certification office) official software for beam calculation certifications.
Posted on 25 August 2017 | 5:49 am
RhinoPiping Pro+ brings new advanced features to RhinoPiping Pro, such as IFC export for AEC, and a smarter iso layout generator. It is distributed as a separate plug-in but needs RhinoPiping Pro with a valid license to work.
Posted on 25 August 2017 | 4:55 am