BSS is a unique, personalized 4-month Certificate Program that lifts you over your Revit BIM limitations to become a professional computational designer in your field!
BSS focuses on the powerful plug-In Rhino.Inside Revit with numerous interoperability connections.
You'll learn the theory, gain technological understanding, build your own scripts, improve your algorithmic logic, create parametric BIM Models in Revit, and acquire a broad perspective look. Design with data, systems, code, AI, and animation while keeping your freedom and flexibility to design better buildings!
Be part of our PAZ NET in a challenging and exciting BSS PAZ Platform.
The autumn edition starts on October 1st!
Posted on 30 September 2020 | 1:00 am
New to Rhino? Get to know Rhinoceros 6 and learn step by step the necessary tools to get started in the world of 3-D modeling:
• This course is progressive and practical.
• You can start by recognizing the possibilities of the program and its interface.
• You will then go on to the basic handling of two-dimensional drawing of both regular geometric figures, and the exploration of more complex and organic curves.
• Additionally, you can build surfaces and solids that will allow you to design and build the projects you have in mind.
• Finally you will learn how to represent your projects with the basic tools of rendering, 2-D drawing, and printing pages.
Go ahead and take advantage of this free course. Also, upon completion, you can obtain a certificate of attendance.
Don't wait and sign up now !!!
For English click here - Para Español, haga clic aquí
Posted on 29 September 2020 | 2:44 pm
AEC Tech 2020 is all virtual this year.
All-day Masterclasses will offer an opportunity for attendees to learn a new skill or develop an existing skill.
AEC Tech’s Hackathon is an event for all levels of programmers, developers, engineers and others. Collaborate, network, build new relationships, and generate new ideas and processes for the AEC community.
The Symposium will feature a full-day of presentations and discussions from highly-acclaimed professionals within the industry.
Sign-up for a Masterclass with McNeel speakers:
Rhino App Server - An API for remote solving GH definitions on Rhino.Compute
Presented by Luis Fraguada, Developer, McNeel EU and Will Pearson, Developer, Robert McNeel & Associates
Presented by Ehsan Iran-Nejad, Developer, Robert McNeel & Associates and Scott Davidson Product Manager, Robert McNeel & Associates
Posted on 29 September 2020 | 8:49 am
Heatherwick Studio has been working with game engines as part of their design workflow for years now and have developed custom design workflows and techniques that enable these processes. Silvia Rueda will provide an insight on Heatherwick Studio’s use of Immersive Media, with a focus on the role of landscape design and the use of Unreal within its design process and workflow.
David Weir-McCall will look at the many ways that people are utilising the power of the Unreal Engine in the AEC to go beyond visualisations, to help bridge the gap between ideas and reality. Looking at use-cases in the industry we will explore the different integrated workflows with Rhino and Grasshopper and how they are being used to communicate ideas, design and build in real time, and link up to sensors to create fully functioning digital twins.
After our presentations we will make time for Q&A with our presenters
Our presenters are:
- Silvia Rueda | Heatherwick Studio – Designer / Immersive media specialist
- Pablo Zamorano | Heatherwick Studio – Head of Geometry and Computational Design
- David Weir-McCall | Epic Games – Epic Games Enterprise team
Posted on 29 September 2020 | 8:08 am
Posted on 29 September 2020 | 7:20 am
This week, Trotec Laser Canada we'll be hosting a webinar with Andres Gonzalez from McNeel Miami - RhinoFabStudio, on Rhino and Grasshopper for the laser cutter!
The webinar has been set for Thursday, Oct 1st, at 12pm EST (Miami time).
To register, click here.
Posted on 28 September 2020 | 1:59 pm
Posted on 28 September 2020 | 8:36 am
General Lattice is hosting a webinar to demonstrate lattice workflows, applications, and best modeling practices for their new plug-in GL Studio.
Speaker: Co-founder and CINO of General Lattice, Marek Moffett has several years of additive manufacturing experience, specializing in optimization of structures for manufacturability. Marek lead the team that developed GL Studio and NVM methodology.
Posted on 28 September 2020 | 1:56 am
In case you have missed it, our friends from Gravity Sketch posted an article recently on the Rhino forum about their recommended VR hardware.
Also, check the
F1 Surface Model Design Challenge, where a 3D sketch was done in Gravity Sketch VR, and the goal is to take the sketch and create the surfaces in Rhino with NURBS or SubD.
Posted on 25 September 2020 | 3:57 am
"In order to conduct a Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation of a ship, high quality surface geometry is needed in order to generate the computational grid. The geometry needs to be watertight, without manifolds, and it needs to accurately represent the real vessel. For us, Rhino has always been and continues to be the main tool for adjusting the input geometry we receive from our clients. This is mainly due to the quality of the STL files that it produces, which is the input format for our simulations. In this example, we used Rhino to prepare ship geometry for a CFD study on the influence of rudders on overall propulsion power."
Posted on 25 September 2020 | 3:40 am
Join Fresco Design this Thursday for a one-hour talk on Augmented Reality (AR). It is an important tool in their design process, especially for remote collaboration and evaluation of product scale and motion. Join them for an interactive demo with Q&A as they share their journey using AR from concept design to its evolution into Immersive Commerce applications.
Registration on eventbrite is required. Register here.
Posted on 22 September 2020 | 3:42 pm
McNeel Europe is pleased to host the first public showcase event of the ongoing EU Horizon 2020 research project V4Design. McNeel’s is part of the research consortium that consists of various universities, research institutions, and companies from all over Europe, companies such as Herzog & de Meuron Digital Technologies and the University of Thessaloniki's architecture department (AUTH). The event aims to demonstrate the latest prototype of a new user-driven 3D reconstruction plug-in for Rhino from still image and video footage and find additional high-profile key testers in the field of the AEC, design, and game development industries. Participants will get unique insights into the past two years of the EU research project’s development and its current status. The enrolled key testers will have access to the plug-in’s closed beta phase to test their use cases, and they will be mentioned in the project’s final publication.
For more information about the project, please visit: https://v4design.eu/
Event requirements: Experience in Rhino
Online event fees: Free
Max. number of participants: 100
Event language: English
Posted on 21 September 2020 | 4:46 am
- Learn the basics of using Karamba3D
- Design, develop and optimize a structure
- Set up a parametric structural system using beam elements
- Create basic animations from Rhino/Grasshopper
- Create an interactive cloud model
- Introductory lecture
- Basic setup with a cantilever beam
- Cross-section optimization with a simply supported beam
- Parametric truss with joints
- Grid-shells with eccentricities
- Develop a concept design
- Set up a parametric model
- Initial analysis in Karamba3D
- Loads, load cases, and load combinations
- Interpreting results
- Eigenmodes and natural vibrations
- Second order theory analysis
- Stability and global buckling analysis
- Creating simple animations in Grasshopper/Rhino
- Further development of design ideas and 3D model
- Detailed analysis in Karamba3D
- Optimization with Galapagos
- Multiobjective optimization
- Uploading a model to the cloud
- Optimization with the final structure
- Online exhibition
Posted on 18 September 2020 | 1:58 am
Are you struggling to understand the concept of parametric design? Kaushik LS wrote this post last February with a 4-minute explanation.
Kaushik LS is an architect, computational designer, and visual FX artist.
Posted on 17 September 2020 | 11:53 am
Level 3 C# Scripting and Plugin Development for Rhino/Grasshopper online course, October 26-28 (McNeel Europe)
- Custom graphics display (custom colors, materials, styles, etc.)
- More in-depth topics about Rhino geometries (Curves, Surfaces, Meshes)
- Understanding and efficiently using Grasshopper data types
- Programmatically interacting with Rhino modeling environment from Grasshopper (e.g., Rhino objects, lights, layers) such as “baking” geometry
- Introduction to C# Delegates, treating functions/methods as objects
- Computational complexity: understanding code performance and scalability
- Spatial Data Structure: using RhinoCommon R-Trees to accelerate 3D searches, proximity checking, collision detection
- Parallel computation with the .NET Task Parallel Library
- Best practices organizing codes to maximize reusability and maintainability
- Using an external program libraries
- Discussion topics requested by participants (1-on-1 basis)
Intermediate understanding of the C# programming language, experience with Grasshopper plugin development.
Online course fees:EUR 395,- (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers get a 50% discount (proof of status required). After payment has cleared, your seat is confirmed.
Max. number of participants for each course: 25. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled October 11.
Course language: English
Posted on 17 September 2020 | 4:03 am
Posted on 16 September 2020 | 11:16 am
The Master in Advanced Computation for Architecture & Design – MaCAD is a unique online program offered by Iaac that aims to train a new generation of architects, engineers, and designers with the skills that the industry of Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) demands nowadays.
The program provides expertise in applying the latest digital software for design simulation, analysis, and optimization of digital data in architecture, offering a broad and advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of computational design.
Based on a data driven, learning by doing and design by research methodology, the Master offers a unique online educational experience.
In contrast to the traditional online programs, the Master in Advanced Computation for Architecture & Design–a 60 ECTS accredited Master degree consisting of three 15 ECTS postgraduate programs-offers a real-class “virtual” environment based on a continuous, interactive, and collaborative learning process.
To learn more about the Master in Advanced Computation for Architecture & Design and how you can apply, please visit the program's official website.
Posted on 14 September 2020 | 6:03 am
The food4Rhino webinar series: Pangolin (Steel Structural Modeling) - Thursday 17th September at 3 PM CEST
Introducing Pangolin for detailed steel structural modeling and analysis with Consteel.
Posted on 14 September 2020 | 2:56 am
PAZ - Parametric Academy Zurich spent four hours with these curious and talented kids teaching them the importance of geometry and having a great time.
First, they interacted as gamers with Rhino and Grasshopper. Then, they designed their patterns, discovering the limitless possibilities and finding the best solution. Finally, they had a great time playing with colors and materials. They cut, removed, ironed, and enjoyed themselves.
Thanks to the Birthday Party-Team!
Posted on 11 September 2020 | 1:00 am
While ShapeDiver started its business around eCommerce applications, Swarm was built with a focus on AEC workflows. Together, ShapeDiver and Swarm will offer a large and powerful cloud-native, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform for building applications based on parametric models.
In the short term, the investment will give ShapeDiver more resources to increase the speed of their release cycle for new features in the plugins, viewer, and platform.
On a slightly larger scale, they’ll be merging the Swarm platform and apps into ShapeDiver within the first half of 2021, adding all of its unique features and capabilities to ShapeDiver and combining the strengths of both products and teams into an even more powerful, stable and useful product.
Posted on 9 September 2020 | 9:33 am
The food4Rhino webinar series: PedSim (Pedestrian Simulation in Grasshopper) - Thursday, September 10 at 2:30 PM CEST
PedSim is the pedestrian simulation plug-in for Grasshopper.
In PedSim, People move from Start Gate to Destination Gate, following the best route, avoiding obstacles and other People. If they see a Target of their Interest, they will go to that Target, stay awhile and reroute to the Destination Gate.
Peng Wang (Designer and Software Developer) will demonstrate the functions and basic modeling process of PedSim, and new features in PedSim Pro, with examples and case studies.
PedSim has been available for download since 2017. It has accumulated 7000 downloads. The users are designers, researchers, and educators all over the world.
Posted on 7 September 2020 | 9:21 am
Are you interested in gaining Parametric competency to push your design skills to the next level?
Are you ready to learn a very exciting and powerful tool that will take your ideas and concepts to a whole new realm?
This Parametric Design Webinar will provide you with the necessary knowledge and ability to use Grasshopper, a free visual programming plug-in in Rhinoceros.
If you already know Grasshopper and would like to uplift your parametric knowledge, you can choose option 2.
Option 1: General Webinar for Beginners – 8 Days / 16 hours in total: Starts October 10, 2020
Option 2: Intensive Webinar for Intermediates – 4 Days / 8 hours in total: Starts October 12, 2020
Time Zone: CET / Berlin, Germany time
Webinar Link: The webinar invitation link will be sent to all participants after registration via private email.
Posted on 6 September 2020 | 5:03 am
FABRICATE 2020 is a four-day peer-reviewed online conference with supporting events and publication running 9-12 Sept 2020
About this event
Founded in 2011 at The Bartlett, UCL FABRICATE is an international triennial event in its fourth iteration. Originally planned to be held in-person at UCL Here East in April 2020, the event, structured into four themes, is now running over four consecutive days as pre-recorded webinars and live Q&A. Each conference session will be broadcast twice daily to cater to both East and West audiences. Including twenty presentations in total, one theme per day, the FABRICATE 2020 daily themes are:
- Synthesising design and production
- Optimisation for a Changing World
- Polemical Performative Practice
FABRICATE 2020 will be hosted by the College of Architecture, Art and Planning at Cornell University on Zoom with interactive access for all existing tickets holders, presenters, partners, and hosts. The event will also be live-streamed via Cornell’s Video On Demand platform for non-ticket holders who register through Eventbrite. You receive a password-protected link to join 24 hours before the start of the event.
For full details on the East and West schedules, please visit: http://www.fabricate.org/
Free download of 2020 and 2011-2017 conference publications here: https://www.uclpress.co.uk/collections/series-fabricate
Posted on 6 September 2020 | 4:53 am
Posted on 3 September 2020 | 3:21 pm
Python is an increasingly popular programming language used in many fields: 3D modeling, web programming, scientific computing, artificial intelligence, etc. As a modern programming language, the language has a simple and clean syntax, making it very accessible to beginners.
- Building simple scripts/tools that automate repetitive modeling tasks, boosting efficiency
- Developing and customizing tools and workflow specific to your team's needs
- Programming advanced design algorithms that are not possible with standard out-of-the-box tools
- Using Python as a creative design tool
- Interfacing Rhino and Grasshopper with other software programs
Python Level 1 course: (No knowledge of programming or scripting required, only Rhino and Grasshopper)
- Intro to Python fundamental programming concepts: variable, data, data types, conditional statements, loops, data structure
- The Python code editor in Rhino and Grasshopper
- Creating and debugging simple Rhino commands using Python, etc.
- Intro to RhinoCommon library
- Simple creation and editing of points, vectors, curves, and surfaces
Python Level 2 course: (Requires familiarity of Python programming language)
- Understanding the pros and cons of using RhinoScriptSyntax vs. RhinoCommon
- Working with RhinoCommon geometry: Curve, Mesh, Surface, BRep
- Object-oriented programming in Python
- Generating and editing texts
- Reading/writing files
- Working with DataTree using Python
- Persistent variables
- Using Python with Grasshopper timer
- Additional topics (if time allows) such as:
- Better coding experience using external editors
- Topics requested by participants
Online course feesPython Level 1: EUR 250,- (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers get a 50% discount (proof of status required).
Python Level 2: EUR 395,- (+VAT); full-time students and university teachers get a 50% discount (proof of status required).
Special offer for both courses: EUR 580,- (+VAT)
Please note your seat is only confirmed after payment has cleared.
Max. number of participants for each course: 25. If there is no quorum, the course will be canceled 15 days before.
Course language: English
Posted on 28 August 2020 | 5:58 am